jaxsta's

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

one of those moments

... uh... yeah... I had one of those blonde moments today... Dad told me that gas would be going up by 5 cents asap and added that my gas tank was only at half, so in a mad rush I drove over to the 7-11 in Deer Run cuz it always changes it prices a bit after everyone else does. So, frantically I get out of the car... but really, there is no rush cuz the prices haven't changed yet, and I'm just rushing myself cuz I'm psychotic... I release the gas tank, get out of my car, and for the life of me, I can't get the "turn-y" thing off! I turn left, I turn right, and it starts making this awful clicking sound, so I think I'm breaking it. "This doesn't make sense! I've gotten my own gas lots of times, how can I not know how to do this?!?! How can I forget something that I've done so many times?!?!"

Then, I calm myself down and think, "it's okay JAcklyn, you're not that dumb, you can just read the picture/directions on the cap." So I stop pulling and pushing and read it. "Hmm... doesn't make sense to me... Why won't you come off?! Uh-oh, now I've been standing here for longer than I should be trying to get the cap off... people (meaning the only other car there) are going to start looking soon... maybe if I just push and twist..."

Oh man, I felt stupid. So finally, I gulped down my girl pride, and I asked the guy beside me... I just didn't want to be one of those girls... but I figured I by standing there looking like an idiot, I'd be doing the same... He came over, and gently turned the cap to the left. All I could think was, "stupid, STUPID, STUPID!!!"

6 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Kaili said…

    =) cute Jacklyn!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger lings said…

    LOL hahaha :D Funny...

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Cucumberslices said…

    jackson, you and your brother hogged all the brains in the family and left jacklyn with nothing :D

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Geo said…

    yeah, no speed either, sheesh... you guys took EVERYTHING

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Havok said…

    dang, sucks to be jacklyn right now :)

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    It's ok Jacklyn; It happens to the best of us. At least you have your niece to wrap her neck around you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home