jaxsta's

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

2 things:

1. An awfully long day. I don't remember what the first thing is.

2. Yesterday I came across a funny thing in my classroom. We were rehersing "In Flanders Fields" for the Remembrance Day assembly. My class was doing it in sections to make it a bit different. One by one the groups took turns reading their parts. One boy in particular kept holding his paper over his face. "Michael, pull your paper down so I can hear you speak." He walked towards me. "Oh, I don't need you to come here, I just wanted to hear you speak your part more clearly." Then he got close enough and lowered his paper... He had drawn whiskers on his face with a black marker. In my head I had bursted out laughing and thought it was the funniest thing I've come across, but externally I had to keep a straight face... I couldn't hold it though, and I let a chuckle off which set the class off too. He just stood there dumbfounded in front of me. I had no clue what to say. I later asked him why in the world he would do that, and he responded "I don't know." I didn't accept "I don't know," and so he stood there for a good 10 minutes with me staring at him until he came up with a second answer... "It seemed like a good idea at the time." He had a DT with me at lunch today.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger lings said…

    hehehe...soo mean...first you laugh and then you give him DT?!?!?! hehehe LOL. ;)

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yeah! That's great!! Don't listen to those fools who criticize you Jax. You did the right thing.

    Punish those who stray from the acceptable societal standard! I'm glad your putting in your best efforts to normalize these kids into one unthinking and unimaginative machine!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    AI HITLER!!

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Havok said…

    Um... you're not BIG into these blog points... are ya? Otherwise, you would've been blogging like crazy like all these other crazy blog-writing, mistake-making, blog-abusing, undie-wearing, stress-enduring, chinese-speaking weirdos!!! Oh... nice catch on Sunday... you rock!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Um... you're not BIG into these blog points... are ya? Otherwise, you would've been blogging like crazy like all these other crazy blog-writing, mistake-making, blog-abusing, undie-wearing, stress-enduring, chinese-speaking weirdos!!! Oh... nice catch on Sunday... you rock!

    AI HITLER!!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Um... you're not BIG into these blog points... are ya? Otherwise, you would've been blogging like crazy like all these other crazy blog-writing, mistake-making, blog-abusing, undie-wearing, stress-enduring, chinese-speaking weirdos!!! Oh... nice catch on Sunday... you rock!

    AI HITLER!!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol, Jonny funny!

    Um... you're not BIG into these blog points... are ya? Otherwise, you would've been blogging like crazy like all these other crazy blog-writing, mistake-making, blog-abusing, undie-wearing, stress-enduring, chinese-speaking weirdos!!! Oh... nice catch on Sunday... you rock!

    AI HITLER!!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Geo said…

    She seems to get more comments when she doesn't blog then when she does blog. Guess that means her life sure ain't that interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home