jaxsta's

Monday, February 20, 2006

About a certain someone...

I will not expose the person's name to the FOIP (a term that teachers often deal with in the classroom... freedom of information and privacy) One of my female cousins that I am staying with at the moment has quite a bad habit of sleeping in and being late for work frequently when she has visitors... (or at least everytime that I've been here...) I think she has visitors quite often. She sets the alarm on my cell phone now too, as a double alarm, and I have to wake up every morning to make sure that she is up on time for work.

The good news for today is that I went shopping with my mom yesterday, and the malls were infected by Japanese people... It was a very specific mall that the buses drop all of the Japanese tour groups off at. So the stores inside the mall were all very oriented towards Japanese people. And at this one store, they were giving out free samples of chocolate covered Macadamia nuts. So naturally, as in with 100% natural Chinese blood that I was born with, the forces pulled me over to the worker who was speaking Japanese to all of the other customers telling them to try the free sample. As soon as I got to the front, he switched gears and started speaking English to me! HOORAY --- I am distinguished as a non-Japanese!!!

Some more news... not good, not bad... kinda just weird. We were at Pearl Harbour today looking at all of the memorial stuff from WWII when I saw the strangest thing I've seen in quite a while. There was a guy wearing the EXACT (but in a larger size) same t-shirt as the one that I got from Australia in 2000. It was orange with navy blue sleeves and the Australian flag on the front. Some of you who know me better will know what I'm talking about... cuz I haven't worn that shirt for a long time... it is SO yesterday! Anyways, I just thought it was weird, cuz I'm from Canada and I have that t-shirt, and who knows where he's from. He did get on to our bus, and I took a picture of him, so I have evidence in case any of you don't believe me.

Some really funny news... today we were taking the bus and it was really full. Linda and I were standing slightly in front of the back door, and at the gap where the back door opens were a few Japanese boys about 18 years old. When we were at one of the stops, and someone needed to get off, everyone shifted to let the person off, but as the back doors opened, and the person stepped off, one of the Japanese boys was laughing at something. So I turned around, and he was just really squished at the back door is all... but then I looked more, and it turned out that his leg was caught between one of the bars to help people down, and the opened back door. Ling and I were laughing so hard. He got a little more embarassed cuz we were laughing, so he tried to pull his leg out, but when he did that, the door just continued to open more, and squish his leg even more. The door eventually closed, but it was a really good laugh.... especially when people get embarassed like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home